hi,
i am trying to have on side full of different images, each in a separate div. Most of them are laying on top of the other one. I understand how z-index works, but the problem is that if the user does not click on the images in order, he will not be able to see all the images that have a smaller z-index than the current one. So, I am looking for a code that lets any div that is clicked to come forward at any time. Does someone know what I am talking about and how to do this?

Thank you,
Aileen

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

sounds like a css property that you would modify in javascript in response to the click or mouseover event. Could you have them click the image again to make it's z index go down back to normal?

Yes, you are right. It has something to do with writing some special java code, but i dont know java well enough to do so.

Yes, you are right. It has something to do with writing some special java code, but i dont know java well enough to do so.

It'd be javascript because java is used to write actual applets than run on a webpage instead of interacting with and modifying the webpage. Javascript was originally called ECMAscript or LiveScript, and since java was very popular at the time they decided to name it after that and hitch a ride. They don't really have much similar, except for C roots. (I didn't get that at all when I started :D )

You could use the .css function to modify it in jQuery, it's just a matter of reacting to an event and altering a property (which is not as easy as it sounds, since stupid internet explorer does events weird and stuff).

Hope this helps!

thanks for your help....
could you explain that in more detail? I dont understand much of that.
Thank you

You have to also send the one that is already on top back down when it loses focus.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.