Hi guys,

I want to create a website that is compatible between different OS and browser. I know there will lots of stuff that i can't use. But i haven't get the complete ideas yet about what can and can't do. We have Mac. Dreamweaver MX here. Will this software qualified to create such website ? Any info ir tutorial will be much much appreciated.

Thanks
Vai

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Build a site using web standard.

basically it's the way you build it rather than the tool you use. Dreamweaver is perfectly capable of building within web standards, but you need to know what you're doing, for it to know what it's to do.

Dreamweaver works just fine, but the more advanced you get, the less compatilble a site can become. Escpecially when dealing with international sites.

"You wrote :
basically it's the way you build it rather than the tool you use. Dreamweaver is perfectly capable of building within web standards, but you need to know what you're doing, for it to know what it's to do.

and

Dreamweaver works just fine, but the more advanced you get, the less compatilble a site can become. Escpecially when dealing with international sites."

Thank you, i got my answer at last. There will be 2 languages before you got into the main page. There will be an intro page for the viewer to choose. I won't use any fancy stuff yet. I will build it like a standard website. It's a industires website. So they don't really need a really cool flash animation or whatever. Most importantly is the color scheme and the web management. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Rivai

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.