Hey People,

Does anyone know how i would go about the following;

A client has asked me if i can put a link on his website which when pressed sends a message to his mobile phone. So instead of click something and an email box appears, info is sent directly to his mobile phone. Is this possible???

Thanks alot
GR Web FX

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey People,

Does anyone know how i would go about the following;

A client has asked me if i can put a link on his website which when pressed sends a message to his mobile phone. So instead of click something and an email box appears, info is sent directly to his mobile phone. Is this possible???

Thanks alot
GR Web FX

very easy, have him send you a message, from his phone to your email ( i do this whith my g/f all the time)

and then when you make the mailto: link, put the from line in the text message he sent there instead.

like for sprint i believe its. 55555555555@messaging.sprintpcs.com or somthing like that, and a window will pop up, like a regular mail client window, and they can message straight to his phone.

or using a form, you could limit characters used and letters used to format it better for a phone, and then submit it with a form using javascript, that would actually be better.

Excellent, cheers matey i will give it a go

Excellent, cheers matey i will give it a go

glad i could be of service!

now thats going to be a small charge for his expertise!

jk...

good thinking on that one..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.