When the source for a forum is copied and modified to create a new forum how do I recreate the asp referenced in the original forum's code? In this instance the asp is for the "register" and "password" tables. I don't want the new forum to interfer in anyway with user information already in existance in the original one. Would it? Or if I left the code unmodified would the asp be found and the commands executed just the same?

The situation is I am modifying the code from our departments forum server to create another forum for my own group. Since I can't see the asp code I don't know where it is located.

My knowledge level of web design is beginner so please simplify your response so I can understand and and apply it.

If my question is not clear let me know so I can rephrase it. I will study up on asp to figure out how it really works.

Thanks,

Reg

Anyone?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.