deleting all browsing history.
i have to delete browsing history PLUS most of the time just restart or close the browsers, the reopen them until the css changes take effect. does ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN JUST INSTANTLY HAVE THEM CHANGED. i delete the history i dont know what takes it the freakin minute before i see what i changed.... please help.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for nileshgr

Create new firefox profile and use it simply for development purposes. Don't lose your default history and cache. Whenever developing use the dev profile. Simple eh ?

page refresh F5 is supposed reload all the cached files,

i dont know what a firefox profile is. i tried running profile manager from the run thing in vista like the video shows.. but nothing comes up it just starts firefox the browser.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles#Creating_a_profile

is there something i have to download or something?

OK I MADE A NEW PRIFLE.n ow how do i make it dev profile there was no settings to change

Instruct the profile manager to prompt you for the browser profile every time you start Firefox. Then choose the dev profile at prompt. Install the webdev addons in it (Firebug, etc.).

well i have had firebug and i didnt use it that much. and u say having a dev profile will instantly refresh the stuff?

well i have had firebug and i didnt use it that much. and u say having a dev profile will instantly refresh the stuff?

I don't get you. What are you trying to say ?

FIREFOX DOESNT INSTANTLY REFRESH. i fricken upload to whatever site, then i go and the changes are made even after i do the clear all data and stuff. the dev addons just are like a built in button to to do the same thing. clear data.

but it doesnt do it fast enough. especially with stylesheets

If this doesn't help then I don't know more about this. Ask on mozilla mailing list. They can help you more.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.