how to hide some text of other site in frames
i have created a frame where i am calling other website, in that frame i want some of the thing should not appear like footer and some images of the called website. how i can do this in frame.

frame created as

<iframe src="http://somewebsite.com" width="800" height="600">
</iframe>

now from the website somewebsite.com i dont want its footer to appear which is having code as :

<div id="imFooter">
<hr class="imInvisible" />
<span id="imFooter_R"><a id="imMailLink" href="mailto:something @ somewebsite.com" title="">mail</a></span>
<br class="imClear" />
</div>

almostbob commented: This is theft +0

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

i came to know that using java scripting i can hide that in some form .
is that true ? if so how that can be done ?

Hi
i am totally new to HTML so dont know how to use it ?

Try document.referer to see what values it contains.

It's javascript. If you know nothing about that, maybe start with the tutorial at w3schools. That way you will at least know the basics.

write your own content and avoid trying to steal content that somebody else has written

the copyright notice resides in the footer ?
pictures of the owner of what you are stealling?

or contact the site owner and ask them permission and/or a copy of the page to put on your server

to everybody else, put one of these in your menu include

<script type='text/javascript'>
if (window != top) { top.location.replace(self.location.href); }
</script>

break out of thieves' framesets,

commented: Thanks for the tip +0

Damn. Cannot believe I've misread this several times. I thought he wanted the opposite... Thanks almostbob.

Damn. Cannot believe I've misread this several times. I thought he wanted the opposite... Thanks almostbob.

Well i have changed the idea and added a CNAME for that website for this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.