Hey can anyone help me...
I have created an HTML webstie and I have a flash introduction which is sitting inside an HTML page. It loads fine by itself but take a long time if you are on a slow connection so I want to use a loading/progress bar. I have tried a million tutorials online and have had issues with ALL of them not working - I got one to work but then aspects of my flash intro stopped working. Does anyone have any suggestions?? it can't be that hard people do them all the time! I just dont know what I am missing :(
Thanks heaps!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What you need / are after is called an preloader. Some knowledge of actionscript is needed but most tutorials write this for you. You could go more advanced and do an animated preloader, i would give an example but i'm not home! Most are fairly easy to follow and setup, if you find one and its giving you problems then let us know.

Cheers. ..

Hi there!
Firstly, thanks for the help!
I have tried heaps of different preloader tutorials, some of which i create a swf and load the main swf into it - and others where the preloader is a scene before the main scene - and others where they go at the start of the timeline - none seem to work properly! do you know of a good tutorial to follow?? this is what is happening at the moment with one of the preloaders I have tried... www.matatokifarm.com ... it takes ages to come up, then it works, then the intro stops half way through! could my file be corrupt? thanks HEAPS for your help!!

I just add in this way

<object width="640" height="480">
<param name="movie" value="movie.swf">
<embed src="video/movie.swf" width="640" height="480" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>
      </object>

Regretfully is not w3c ok....

Anyone know how to make it w3c ok ?

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
data="movie.swf"
width="640" height="480">
<param name="movie" value="movie.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high"/>
</object>

commented: thank you +1

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
data="movie.swf"
width="640" height="480">
<param name="movie" value="movie.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high"/>
</object>

It works! and validate w3c... thank you..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.