Hello everyone,

This one has got me stumped so I figured I'd see if all the smart people that hang out here have any suggestions.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I have php site that pulls data from a SQL DB. based on results from the DB it creates a list of applications that a user has access to. So if they have access to the internet, there will be a field called Internet with a graphic of a checkmark.

I would like to have that checkmark be a dropdown list where someone could click on it and say see a selection for a minus symbol to denote that access needs to be removed.

I know this can be done in ASP, but I don't really know ASP, nor do I feel like converting the whole project to a different language.

Does anyone know if this can be done with CSS or possibly Javascript?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

This one has got me stumped so I figured I'd see if all the smart people that hang out here have any suggestions.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I have php site that pulls data from a SQL DB. based on results from the DB it creates a list of applications that a user has access to. So if they have access to the internet, there will be a field called Internet with a graphic of a checkmark.

I would like to have that checkmark be a dropdown list where someone could click on it and say see a selection for a minus symbol to denote that access needs to be removed.

I know this can be done in ASP, but I don't really know ASP, nor do I feel like converting the whole project to a different language.

Does anyone know if this can be done with CSS or possibly Javascript?

Thanks!

It's better to use jQuery based dropdown menus. a simple Google search will do. Following are some links to help:

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/resources/38-jquery-and-css-drop-down-multi-level-menu-solutions/
http://javascript-array.com/scripts/jquery_simple_drop_down_menu/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.