Hi all

i wonder if anyone can help me i am trying to create a simplte html for which will send the name e-mail and address that the user has entered to a specified email for example qwerty@hotmail.co.uk

so far with no luck

Thanks (hope someone can help)

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

html does not do what you ask, withiut the assistance of a server script cgi asp php
a form is submitted to something, and that something does the processi ng, there are a number of php contactus scripts prewritten if your server supports php
bignosebird.com as perl cgi
or if you are on a free host with no scripting google for remote hosted mail scripts

if you are looking for a quick way to build form then i suggest you look into "CoffeeCup Web Form Builder" their software make every thing easy but is flash base form

You need to use Perl or PHP or ASP or another server-side scripting language.

One of the earliest and most popular scripts is Stephen Ostermiller's Contact Form: http://ostermiller.org/contactform/ It was so popular that hackers started writing bots to search for it and exploit it. But the latest version of this script has a Captcha to protect it. Follow the instructions on that page to install it on your site.

Alternatively, use WordPress for your site. It has thousands of great plugins, including many contact forms. WordPress is easy to install, easy to update, secure, has thousands of free themes and is the most popular publishing platform on the web. http://wordpress.org/

if you think is too easy then guide him until his e-mail form completely working.

Member Avatar for diafol

if you think is too easy then guide him until his e-mail form completely working.

Whooa boyo. You sent him somewhere else yourself and said it would be easy:

"CoffeeCup Web Form Builder" their software make every thing easy

I agree with master_99 - if you post a question to a html forum, learn something about it first - there are so many beginner's guides out there. Using a WYSIWYG form builder is OK, but if you want to tweak it, nothing will beat learning markup and styling rules. However, where I disagree with M99 is his inclusion of a general link to a help site - which is no help at all. Makes him look like a spammer.

Whooa boyo. You sent him somewhere else yourself and said it would be easy:

I agree with master_99 - if you post a question to a html forum, learn something about it first - there are so many beginner's guides out there. Using a WYSIWYG form builder is OK, but if you want to tweak it, nothing will beat learning markup and styling rules. However, where I disagree with M99 is his inclusion of a general link to a help site - which is no help at all. Makes him look like a spammer.

you are the spammer here and did not use your brain to think before talk. see what i saying the whole sentence before use your dumb brain ok

also master_99 did not say anything about my post, is you the one agree but not related to any of my post, wonder how you survive with your dumb brain

Member Avatar for diafol

you are the spammer here and did not use your brain to think before talk. see what i saying the whole sentence before use your dumb brain ok

also master_99 did not say anything about my post, is you the one agree but not related to any of my post, wonder how you survive with your dumb brain

Before I get into a flame war - which I won't, I'd like to think I'm a bit more mature than calling people dumb etc - I did read the posts and inferred that YOU thought that master_99's reply was lame. If that was not the case and was not the point of your post, I can only apologise. As for suggesting that I said that master_99 made a comment on your post, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

if you post a question to a html forum, learn something about it first - there are so many beginner's guides out there.

The 'you' in this quote was referring to the OP, not you (azetect).

I could probably call you a tw*t, but that would be childish. Perhaps advising you to temper your aggressiveness would be the appropriate response.

I'm not mature, just old,
I dont care how many a-holes get offended,azetect: five posts zero threads solved, no attaboys
Ardav 1800: posts 237 threads solved, sh_tloads of attaboyson a value scale az, 0-10, you personify zero
STFU
or as a polite person may write,
some solutions under your belt before you get aggressive

commented: Best put down I've read on DW. Still chortling now. +5

Before I get into a flame war - which I won't, I'd like to think I'm a bit more mature than calling people dumb etc - I did read the posts and inferred that YOU thought that master_99's reply was lame. If that was not the case and was not the point of your post, I can only apologise. As for suggesting that I said that master_99 made a comment on your post, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

The 'you' in this quote was referring to the OP, not you (azetect).

I could probably call you a tw*t, but that would be childish. Perhaps advising you to temper your aggressiveness would be the appropriate response.

you are a big joker, you the one acting childish here and saying nonsense without helping, also you are insulting me since my second post, what shall i say you ? a big kid don't know read ? or you don't understand some thing.

ok you can stop your childish attitude here and start helping it if you still talking nonsense then you can stop Spam here

I'm not mature, just old,
I dont care how many a-holes get offended,azetect: five posts zero threads solved, no attaboys
Ardav 1800: posts 237 threads solved, sh_tloads of attaboyson a value scale az, 0-10, you personify zero
STFU
or as a polite person may write,
some solutions under your belt before you get aggressive

ow great..i was hoping any admin can ban and delete my id here also remove me from here forever since admin are blind, without look at all the post is who started the flame war first

Don' worry, az,
'll be me that gets a kicking,
takes about 45-90 minutes for a very sharp mod message,
dos vdanye

Member Avatar for diafol

Hi AB. :*

'STFU' - never seen that before - had to Google it. Ho ho ho.

Boom Boom Boom, Another one bites the dust...

He'll be missed. :icon_rolleyes:

Hmm, 45-90 minutes.. am I late?

Let's tone down the personal attacks a bit and keep it on topic. I'm shaking my mod finger at you now. If I have to come back in here, you kids are in trouble.

i see almostbob is ardav doggie

i see almostbob is ardav doggie

I said drop it.

If you can't manage that and continue to argue and derail this thread, you'll end up with your wish for moderation on your account granted. I won't post in this thread again.

gday Ezzaral,
It usually don't take long those times when I have,
exceeded or misused
can't help it, had red meat, (daylight be howling if the moon were up) sitting in airports SUX

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.