Hi all,

I have created a three column CSS website and I am now a little stuck. I have got a top navigation bar which gives overall navigation around my site. I now want to put a tab navigation bar within the centre content colum which will call up and display the relevant text within a box immediately below it without calling another page. I am finding it a huge challenge, because for some reason if I start adding a div id in that main section it moves my left column to the bottom of the page.

Can anybody help me, provide advice etc...? I would greatly appreciate it. Oh, and I don't know JavaScript :( Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Can you please post your code?

Member Avatar for diafol

Not knowing js could be a problem - but learning a few basics, should be enough. You could roll your own, but there are loads of all ready made solutions. I've started using jQuery UI, which is quite good.

You can roll your own using a simple hide and show classname. The tabs can be styled via CSS - no real need for js here.

If you show your code so far, contributors will be more prepared to post solutions.

Please post your code, it may highlight where the issue is.

Member Avatar for diafol

He hasn't replied in 6 days, I doubt he's still interested. Perhaps just mark the name and think twice in future?

He hasn't replied in 6 days, I doubt he's still interested. Perhaps just mark the name and think twice in future?

I think so :-/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.