Are there any easy and probably "free" ways to make good animated gif banners?

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

Generally I use Adobe Fireworks for all of my animated GIF files.

However, the Adobe suite is far from "free" lol.

I might check on the Tucows download page for possibly shareware or freeware GIF animators but I wouldn't be able to speak to the quality of anything you get for free.

Mark solved if this helped solve your problem :)

Did you even try Google?

LoL Y'know, I was thinking the same thing...

try google and download Ulead gif animator 2.0, this version has been released as a free one for some time now

yep, GIMP will do the trick 4 free and there are even several sites where you can upload you images and create them free online.

some programs support exporting flash banner into GIF format, and i think it will be more helpful!

try using Adobe fireworks, but just make sure you export/publish using the right format (gif) because that's not the default format fireworks exports to. cheers.

Try GIMP or photoshop to create gif image.

Ulead Gif Animator is a good and easy solution about making an animated gif. also i you use flash cs5 , i think animated gif export is better than the other versions of Flash.

Of the programs you can use Adobe Photoshop CS3 - for training banner and Ulead GIF Animator 5 - to create a ready-made frames from an animated movie in the format of GIF.
There a lot program animators, you can even export the gif banner from the Flash.

ok,,its nice,,,got your question....if you are ready to create your own animation,I will tell you how can we make it in our own way by using photoshop and imageready...
or if you just need a noncustomizable animation(softwares that accept some photos from you and create animation in predefined ways,,here you are restricted to choose only the types of animation that the software has) please go for easygifanimator its trials are released for free and its much simpler to use... \
Cheer up!!!
Your Friend,,,
Rajeesh.N.Santhu

Member Avatar for diafol

You're all bonkers. You're replying to a thread that the OP has obviously ignored. He made a request on 30-06-10! And you lot are still replying now. You all desperate to bump up your post count maybe?

You are also answering here as well!

Hahahaha. This is an interesting way for even the people who supposedly disapprove of that to bump up their post count. Now I just have to go around and post similar disapproving messages on every other thread; I could have thousands of posts in no time at all :)

Member Avatar for diafol

Well my post made a 0.03% difference to my total. I don't think I'll be losing sleep over scrabbling for desperate posts. My post was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, hoping to save some people from wasting their time replying to a thread that died a long time ago.

Anyway, in response:

> You are also answering here as well!

Doh! Didn't think of that. :(

> Now I just have to go around and post similar disapproving messages on every other thread; I could have thousands of posts in no time at all

That reply increased your post count by about 3% - not bad! Although, there's the law of diminishing returns... :)

Member Avatar for diafol

Well my post made a 0.03% difference to my total. I don't think I'll be losing sleep over scrabbling for desperate posts. My post was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, hoping to save some people from wasting their time replying to a thread that died a long time ago.

Anyway, in response:

> You are also answering here as well!

Doh! Didn't think of that. :(

> Now I just have to go around and post similar disapproving messages on every other thread; I could have thousands of posts in no time at all

That reply increased your post count by about 3% - not bad! Although, there's the law of diminishing returns... :)

it usually requires setting up an account and taking out time to create a good slideshow. you can check out a few websites that let you take a couple of pictures and turn them into animated GIFs for free! It’s super fast, requires very little work and gets the job done!

OK everything that people are saying has been said at least three times before here. This is bursting with all the information anybody could possible need on the topic.

PEOPLE: PLEASE STOP POSTING!

Try Ulead Gif animator (I think the version 2.0 is free else need to buy the new versions)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.