Hello guys,

I have created a simple css widget to redirect visitors to facebook,twitter,etc (http://pressreleasecentre.com - check the left side) But unfortunately I don't know how to make it static like the feedback button in the same site at the right side.

Now when some one scroll the page down, this widget is also scrolling down. Can anybody help me to make it static there?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Easy.... change the following CSS

ul#css3menuleft {
display:block;
font-size:0;
left:10px;
padding:0 3px 3px;
position:fixed;
top:170px;
z-index:1000;
}

All i added was "position:fixed"

commented: Good catch and darn you for typing faster lol +1

Just to confirm...

What you're looking for is a method to allow a menu or other control on your page to maintain it's position on the screen no matter what the user does on the screen (resize, scroll, etc). Is that correct?

If that's the case, you might be able to get away with using absolute positioning to achieve this effect (tho I can't recall if absolute positioning is in relation to the window or the content container). I also know there are javascripts out there that will allow a sort of "floating" component effect where the script maintains the component's position irregardless of scrolling and such.

Edit: My bad, it was "Fixed" not "Absolute" :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.