Looking for book or video Recommendations for learning separately HTML and CSS. Online resources are helpful to learn but IMO some need a starting point. Online resources become understandable once the foundation is understood depending on the person because as we all know CSS has plenty of techniques.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Yes, w3schools.com is very good. Another good site is Alist Apart.

As far as books, I liked "New Perspectives HTML and XHTML 5th Edition comprehensive"

Starts with the basics, has downloadable files to work through, and gets you started using a simple text editor like notepad. It's fairly cheap as well.

As @Andrew Collings posted, w3shools contains a wealth of information, presented in a really easy-to-understand way.

I'd recommend checking out the HTML and separate CSS tutorials on Tizag. Once you've got to grips with those they offer tutorials where you learn to build a simple HTML/CSS site from the ground up.

Good luck :)

I would agree that W3 have a great CSS tutorial. It helped me out when I was creating CSS styles for Windows 7 Sidebar gadgets. Not sure about their HTML tutorial but they seem like a pretty good site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.