I have just started learn HTML.
Please suggest me any website.

Recommended Answers

All 47 Replies

How about www.w3schools.com

Hi,

I recommend www.htmlgoodies.com

I have been visiting the site since 1998! My first computer had 50 megs total!

Also, put your question in Google! You'll be surprised at what comes up. I just Googled, for example,

color background in table html

Lots of very good sites came up.

It's out there! And it's FREE!

L-D

Hi,
Here's what I did a long time ago. I hope it helps, and I can expand on it if necessary. Download a free html editor, mess around with it, create and delete html files as you want, look at the source code to see whether the output is what you thought it would be. A little further along, get a free wordpress blog, and work in the html mode as opposed to visual. It's all free and you learn a lot. You'll need to learn css at the same time. Changing background colors just with html is fun, but not the way to go. html is not, in itself, hard to learn, although there's plenty of stuff around it.

Hey you know about w3schools . they provide some of the webdesign languages from basics like html, css, xml, php, and they provide SQl language also. Really all the materials are make to easily learn. I have learnt some of the languages from tha site. really their materials are help to all.

i would also suggest w3shools

w3schools is the best place for beginers for designing and developing purpose,

Hello, first of all learning html is very simple and fun, so to learn html tags, for example: <html> <body> <header> <div> <li> etc ... the best website tutorial (chapters with quizes) is www.w3schools.com
Try to learn html and later you can try to group some tags to create a wonderful webpage just using these several tags. Please note that learning html only is not enough to present a good layout for a page, you may be interested later in learning CSS which is the organization and designing part of the page. So breifly, html is a simple language to throw tags in an unorganized way in a in a webpage, and CSS is a tool to organize these tags to create a good looking webpage. Good Luck

To tenbears, you mean the Joe Burns days! Great site then and now (JB started htmlgoodies).
Boy, if we knew then what we know now! Meaning all the big websites raking in the dough! Foodnetwork, etc., etc., etc., etc.

Ok, do this and keep it in a text file.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>
</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Drag it out when doing a new page. Lower case ok, it is the backbone of all html pages. After you're done with the innards save as pickaname.html or htm. Yes you can do html pages "locally" meaning no website, on your pc only.

But to put it out there you need a web host. Here's two... http://www.000webhost.com/ (means no money... $0.00) and http://www.serversfree.com/ both are FREE! Domain names are very cheap (so is hosting) these days but with 000 you can just use one of their sub domains. The main page of your site must be index., like index.htm, index.html or index.php and so on.

Here is one of my sites.
http://www.greathomechefsrecipes.com/ (with godaddy)

Did it all my meself.

Later
L-D

One more thing...

I have been using this EVERYDAY since '98 or '99. It can be used for html, php, & more.

Programmer's File Editor

http://www.greathomechefsrecipes.com/pfe-backup.zip

It has features I never even looked into since I am a html only guy. It may be old but I wouldn't be without it.

Enjoy,
L-D

Member Avatar for diafol

The OP obviously does not have access to a search engine. I hope he returns and thanks you all for your valuable contributions. It's been a week...

The OP obviously does not have access to a search engine. I hope he returns and thanks you all for your valuable contributions. It's been a week...

I wonder how he found this site then...

w3schools and roseindia are the best sites to learn...

Member Avatar for diafol

I wonder how he found this site then...

Random monkey-typing methinks. How many threads like these are there littering the internet? They still manage to hook fish, even when the lure has been disclosed. :)

ah, that makes sense.

I want to suggest also search video tutorials on net it will show you live experience. you can also puchase some CD DVD which is easily availble anywhere online or offline.

If you want to learn HTML then w3schools.com is a good website through you will easily learn html.

Member Avatar for diafol

What is it about these type of threads that has everybody clamouring out for w3schools? ANd not just once. It's not enough that one contributor says 'w3schools', a whole host of posters then have to say the same thing - as if they've missed the previous posts. This is the most recent in a long list of pointless threads on 'how to learn...' oh, HTML. If you really want to contribute, please add your input here, do not resurrect dead threads. Oh, and if you suggestion is 'w3schools', firstly: keep it to yourself and secondly: ... maybe it's a waste of time saying this, but use your search engine instead of your w3schools bookmark - you may be surprised at the quality of tutorials out there.

commented: Finally, someone with real answers! +8

I agree with your first point, but some people suggest this website without convincing the user. Why is w3school a good start ?!

use your search engine instead of your w3schools bookmark - you may be surprised at the quality of tutorials out there.

w3schools was always a good introduction for html tags, and google first result is this website. It has a very friendly interface and a 'try it yourself' option. I think it's really what a biginner needs ...

1)w3schools
2)html.net
3)htmldog
4)htmlgoodies.com
5)tizag.com
these are some useful sites for learning HTML online..

Member Avatar for diafol

w3schools was always a good introduction for html tags, and google first result is this website. It has a very friendly interface and a 'try it yourself' option. I think it's really what a biginner needs ...

While I agree that the try it yourself functionality is useful - especially for the javascript options,but there are far better sites out there that offer this - jsfiddle, for one - which allow the loading of js libraries like jquery. It also allows the sharing of scenarios, so that others may help to develop the code/markup further.

HTML is so basic that taking single tags out of context makes little sense. Similar to using a simple dictionary when you want to construct a story. The whole point of a 'tutorial', is that you get a scenario with discussion about best practice, and maybe alternative solutions. Also the better tutorials explain why this and not that.

Obviously you have to start somewhere, learning markup is a similar in some respects to learning a spoken language. You can get by with a few stock phrases in a new language and people will understand you if you make a few grammatical errors in your speech. As with poor markup you can build a decent enough looking page, and the browser may forgive the odd mistake. Without a proper 'in-context' tutorial though, development of skills will be limited.

I am not a w3schools basher - and I do turn to it myself on occasion when looking for vanilla javascript functions, but it is limited in helping you develop a better understaning of how to build a functioning script. I do admit however, that there has been a marked improvement in the site's 'how it works' areas, especially in the html5 section.

The main thrust of my statement though, was please, we've had a number of people state "w3chools" - if you have nothing new to add, don't simply say "w3schools" again. It's even worse that a "me too" :)

i am surprised no one has said Google...

w3schools.com is the best websites for know about HTML, You know all the things using this website.

i want to know what are the basic difference between html & html5

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.