hi to master :) pls help, how can i use and fix all fonts thats not in safe font in web.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

hi to master :) pls help, how can i use and fix all fonts thats not in safe font in web.

@momonq1990

Can you at least be more specific?

i used font from google.com/fonts and it looks like good at moz browser but not in other browser. how can i fix the font to other browser vendor?

did you use the code supplied, that loads the eot font for 'other browsers' or did you not
is the other browser IE6
did you read the instructions, including fault finding, google apis are pretty good

You will need to embed non-standard fonts using the @font-face CSS directive. Otherwise, it is always a good practice to list more than one font in the font-family CSS property - in order of precedence if one is not available.

Two examples using this above approach are:

Example #1:

.headerfont {
   font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, 
                sans-serif;
   font-size: 14px;
   font-weight: bold;
   color: #000000;
}

Example #2:

@font-face {
  font-family: 'my_custom_font';
  src: url('path-to-font-file.ttf');
}
.customheaderfont {
   font-family: my_custom_font, sans-serif;
   font-size: 14px;
   font-weight: bold;
   color: #000000;
}

Please note that only a small set of font file types are supported by the @font-face directive.

Regards - Shawn

if you do want to use a font (for titles or such) that doesn't go well with certain browsers, create an image for that title and place that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.