Please could somebody help me out with this. I have been asked to do this a few times before and decided to try and find out this time. I can't really see how you could do this but If it is possible please could someone tell me how to convert a grayscale image into a full colour image. Showing all pixels as a close match of what the colours would have looked like in real life. This is for a relatives sixtieth birthday and we would like to put a colour of her as a child on the cake and obviously one doesn't exist please could someone tell me if there is or isn't a way of doing it.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I highly doubt that's possible. The opposite, converting colour to gray, is simple of course.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Infact, it seems to be possible. You can download a free trial of a program called blackmagic which is supposed to do it, i have not yet tried it though. http://www.black-and-white-to-color.com/mainsite/html/instructions.html

Wow, I'm impressed, it can't handle intricate shapes but it works well on large areas of color.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.