I've done some searches and haven't come up with anything on this subject.

Here's what I'm trying to do and I believe it entails making an image being used as a background on a table into a link.
Here's what the page looks like:http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

You see the header at the top that says "Rocket City Mustang Club"? They want that clickable to get back to their homepage. The problem is that the image is actually a background image in a table. :( Otherwise, it would be really simple. I could put a simple link somewhere, but that won't be as elegant.

Any assistance appreciated. :cool:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I don't think you can do this. An image used as a background is just that, a background. It simply isn't a hyperlink. Find something else within the table you can hyperlink.

hah, nvm i see you were able to solve this.

i checked the site and the header which says "Rocket City Mustang Club" is now clickable and links to their hompage. Is there any problem regarding this? or is this problem solved? :rolleyes:

I have no idea why this old thread was resurrected, but the link in the site is a standard link around a standard image... which was what I suggested since a background image (see original question) cannot be inside a hyperlink. So, yes, this is an old, solved thread.

I have no idea why this old thread was resurrected, but the link in the site is a standard link around a standard image... which was what I suggested since a background image (see original question) cannot be inside a hyperlink. So, yes, this is an old, solved thread.

I had an idea but realized it would probably not be the optimal solution ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.