I want to change the color of a selection object in an HTML form (ie a <SELECT> object). I have used CSS to get all my textfields looking nice, but I can't see how to change the border, or the little arrow on the selection box.
I think that it should be similar to changing the scrollbar in IE.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

To my knowlege, it's not possible to change anything but the color in the OPTION objects - only the color of the boxes, but not the arrows.

To my knowlege, it's not possible to change anything but the color in the OPTION objects - only the color of the boxes, but not the arrows.

Thanks.
I think that they need to add this capability to the CSS specification - it throws the whole design of my webpage having big ugly boxes all over the place!

Are you speaking of the combo boxes? If so I believe those, and radio buttons and checkboxes can be modified to images via javascript if I am not mistaken.

I can't remember the site I read about it at... it started with a D, I will look for it.

Are you speaking of the combo boxes? If so I believe those, and radio buttons and checkboxes can be modified to images via javascript if I am not mistaken.

I can't remember the site I read about it at... it started with a D, I will look for it.

yes, its a combobox. I hadn't thought of using javascript. I'll look into it.
thanks!

Yep! and if all else fails, it can probably be done easily in flash, too. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.