Hello, please visit the following page in firefox, which should look right: http://listenlight.net/dev

then visit the same page using IE6: which places the "archive | notes" element on the far left. How can I fix this so it works right (element 25% from right margin) in IE6?

Thank you kindly. This is a wonderful forum!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Your server is down...

Didn't I see this question posted somewhere else? I could swear I've seen it before...where the archive|notes sits on the right margin in IE.

I found it...about 7 posts down. Katarey solved this problem for you already...what happened?

Oh! Hey I'm sorry but yes, I had asked earlier, but this time the page is live instead of uploaded here. Except not live when you looked, as my host had scheduled this hour of downtime. I may have removed the /dev files earlier, having fixed the problem by setting a 100% width table inside a separate div with absolute positioning. Thank you :-)

Your server is down...

Didn't I see this question posted somewhere else? I could swear I've seen it before...where the archive|notes sits on the right margin in IE.

The former solution did not work as I had needed. I made a div#info for the css and finally found that putting a table inside it fixed the problem. I don't know if this would be called a hack, but I couldn't get a lone paragraph to align right in IE6 inside the new div, yet it works fine in Opera, Firefox, and Safari. (?)

I am against using tables as a design tool...but if it works for you...go for it.

I have heard that this may be a matter of style, though I am open to suggested reading...

Tables are frowned upon in the design world when used for anything but displaying tabular data.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.