Hello,

I would like to set up a for sale by owner site that owners can log in and post their homes for sale themselves. Can someone tell me what it takes to set up a site like this. I think the dating services use the same format.. Is it a gallery?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hello!
may i ask you a question? why did you start this kind of business?

I created similar site that you need some time ago. It took some ti to program everything, but it worked perfectly and it has admin panel for sell and rent. Client never complained. I looked around for scripts that would do this and decided at the end to do everything from scratch.

http://www.roscoproperties.com/

I'd suggest CMS, there are tons of them out there. But I'm a big fan of Joomla! because of all the modules and components. There 25 in Real Estate alone. Some GNU others commercial. Check it out, see if it'll be suitable.

Good luck and all the best

I'd suggest CMS, there are tons of them out there. But I'm a big fan of Joomla! because of all the modules and components. There 25 in Real Estate alone. Some GNU others commercial. Check it out, see if it'll be suitable.

Good luck and all the best

i agree with it, but if you want more choice you can visit [triple w][dot]opensourcecms[dot]com
also with the rise of joomla 1.5, not all extensions are compatible with joomla 1.5

true, but try stay away from 1.5 its still a RC and not a final release

true, but try stay away from 1.5 its still a RC and not a final release

not 100% true, it is true that it is an rc3, but this rc3 by far is quite nice, no more major exploit recognized. and if you browse to joomla sites, several of them already use joomla 1.5 rc3.
i my self use the rc3 for my website.

but of course rc3 is still rc, so look around more to see the right cms for you, if you don't want to wait

not 100% true, it is true that it is an rc3, but this rc3 by far is quite nice, no more major exploit recognized. and if you browse to joomla sites, several of them already use joomla 1.5 rc3.
i my self use the rc3 for my website.

but of course rc3 is still rc, so look around more to see the right cms for you, if you don't want to wait

Joomla can be extremely complicated and my clients never liked it.

Joomla can be extremely complicated and my clients never liked it.

well, if even joomla is too complicated, then i doubt that you'll find another one easier, well supported than joomla...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.