Hi there,
Help!! I am having trouble with my Toshiba Satellite 3000. I am running XP Pro on half the 30M drive and XP Home on the other half. It is in XP Pro that when I try to connect to the net with either the 56k modem or ADSL that the computer crashes and I get the blu screen with the stop error message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and under the technical information section it gives me this file: tcpip.sys.
I did download Evrox, an internet accelerator program, and installed it. In the instructions it lets you know that you need to reboot after installation and when your computer reboots, it is going to run a test using a preprogrammed configuration after one connects to the net. This is actually going to happen 15x, they tell you. So I installed it and rebooted and after I connected to the net it ran its first test and then a short while later, before finishing the test, the computer crashed and I got the STOP error message. So I booted up again, tried connecting again and the same thing happened. The next time I booted up I first uninstalled Evrox and rebooted. Needless to say, the next time(and ever since)I tried connecting to the net WITHOUT Evrox installed, the computer crashes and I get the same STOP error message.
Any suggestions? Do I need to update some drivers? Would a repair install of XP fix the problem? Can anyone send some advice my way? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try this first: Start-->Run-->cmd then click OK

...this will put you in the command prompt, type the following command:

netsh int ip reset c:\reset_tcpip.txt

reboot and see if the blue screen continues.

If you still have problems:

Is this on a service pack 2 XP computer? Installing or reinstalling SP2 should get you a new tcpip.sys. SP1 would probably do it too. If you have SP2 there is a fix for a problem with tcpip.sys and you could simply run this to hopefully fix up the file. Good luck.

You de man!! Thanks so much. I did as you said, rebooted and there it is, as good as new. Thanks a bunch!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.