hey guys ive just d/loaded need for speed underground demo from download.com
when in the folder i d/loaded to it has next to the file name its icon is the white box with blue header to it unsted of the usual installer icon
when i click on it to install nothing happens i get the eggtimer icon for 5 seconds then nothing

i know to you guys this is probably basic stuff but i realy need your help on this one

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

First thing's first. When you get to the Need for Speed demo page on download.com, use the Download Now link and not the Fast Download link which uses download.com's download manager. It's a really large file - over 200 mb! - so I would just leave it be on your computer while it downloads and don't do any processor intensive tasks so that it doesn't screw up or get corrupted.

The white box w/ the blue header indicates that the file isn't complete or of a known file type. For example, it may look like this if the file is only partially downloaded. Alternatively, since it is such a huge file, Windows will typically save it to a temporary location while downloading, and then once it finishes move it to where you selected for it to go. After the download finishes, the icon may look like this until the file has finished being "moved".

If you indeed downloaded the full thing it will eventually turn itself into a self-extracting .exe. That is, an .exe that decompresses itself. Clicking the .exe should give you a prompt as to where you want the files to be extracted to. Once it extracts, run the setup.exe file.

hey guys ive just d/loaded need for speed underground demo from download.com
when in the folder i d/loaded to it has next to the file name its icon is the white box with blue header to it unsted of the usual installer icon
when i click on it to install nothing happens i get the eggtimer icon for 5 seconds then nothing

What is the full filename, with extension?

thanks you guys for the quick replies well i deleted the origional file then left the pc to download it again and it looks like you were right its ok now thanks again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.