my firefox and internet explorer wont open properly... they both either open very slowly or dont open at all. when it does eventually open, the browser freezes (Not Responding) when i try to browse or do anything with it

also, when i go to My Computer and try to open my C: drive, it freezes (My Computer)...double clicking my drives cause it to freeze; right click > explore doesnt

when i try to shutdown/restart my computer, it stays on "Windows is shutting down" and doesnt shut down

I have none of these problems when using safe mode.

I think the problem may be a virus. I was browsing earlier today with internet explorer and noticed a random pop up, i tried to quickly close it and it wouldnt close. So i went into task manager to try to end task my iexplorer.exe and noticed D90.tmp which is not a normal process. I ended D90.tmp and D92.tmp appeared, ended that and another D9x.tmp showed up. Eventually I was able to end task it all. I tried to open firefox after and it was so slow... thats when i tried to restart my computer and noticed the problems.

I have tried System Restore but it says something like "Unable to restore. No files have been changed."

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Can't seem to edit my post again, but here's some more info.

I ran my virus scanner nod32 and it found nothing. Ran Spybot search and destroy and it removed some items. Ran malwarebytes BEFORE spybot and it found nothing.

Also, when i try to shutdown/restart in safe mode with networking, it stays on the "Saving your settings" and doesnt shutdown.

Only Safe Mode (without networking) shutdowns properly.

If you must, use Safe Mode with Networking to dl this:
==Download this file to your DESKTOP: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
.....or this file: http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe
Right. Now run it in NORMAL MODE!! :
-IMPORTANT! : disconnect from the web, turn off your Antivirus, Antispyware and Firewall for the duration of this scan. Don't forget to reset them before you go back on the web!
- to run it dclick the Combofix.exe icon and follow the prompts to start it. When finished, it will produce a log, C:\Combofix.txt - post that log in your next reply.
A word of caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs reboot to restore the desktop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.