URGENT!!!!

When I turn my PC on, it goes to the welcome page, where the administer logs
on just by clicking on Administator. But when I do this, I get the message -
"Windows Product Activation". "A problem is preventing windows from
accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code 0x80090019".

I cannot get into the computer at all!!

I have tried to follow the instructions on the Windows Website to work
around this problem and fix it - but I cannot even get into the PC to begin.

OK, in trying to fix that problem - I am now stuck in a loop where the pc
restarts, cannot load windowds and just keeps going back to restarting itself
automatically - repeating this endlessly. I have checked and all the files - etc - appear to be there, everything seems fine, no hard disc probelms, no damage to HD,,,,,,,PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME??

I have run the Windows XP reair console and repair installation - nothing
seems to be working

Well after a lot of research on the internet and trying almost EVERYTHING and
ANYTHING I could find - I have discovered a web site that has identified my
problem precisely and has solutions to repair these issues. It is caused by
a a third party program downloaded from the internet (and there are many)
which causes a LOOP VIRUS by altering just 2 Registery keys and commands.
http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm. ;
The first solution did not work for me. so I tried the second solution - it
is quite difficult - but it does work, but not for me. Same web site but through links this
web site also refers to to a range of other web sites including
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/peboot.htm
for a very useful free tool that I am sure would come in handy for many
people, for many reasons, at many stages of a computer users life.
There is also a web site
http://www.winxptutor/antispy.htm
that identifies the BEST and SAFEST tools to always have up to date and
running on your PC to prevent the same thing from happening again.

But I am still stuck in this loop and looks like I have no hope of getting out of BUT this is a man made tool, with an man made problem, so there must be a man made solution - I just have to find it.

Regards

Lesley

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

a) was your copy of windows activated
b) what edition is it
c) do you haver your cd
d) is it a legal or cracked one
e) what service pack is it

Copy of Windows was activated and had been in use for three years.
Was installed on the PC when I bought the PC.
PC was made to my specifications - not a brand name PC.
Winows XP Professional version 2002.
I have the cd.
It is legal, was installed and supplied with PC that I purchased from a store.
Service pack 3.

Thanks - I tried that but it did not work ... when I got to the stage of entering' then cd system~1\_resto~1 then ente, I get the message 'The sytem cannot find the file or directory specified'. So I tried the next step type dir then enter and got a list of information. So I followed the next step of typing cd_restore which then gives me the message 'The command is not recognised'. If I enter help it gives me a range of commands that I can use, but nothing I can see of any use. If I type cd "System Volume Information" and type the same cd_restore I get the same message and typing in help gets the same outcome.

I am totally at a loss!!!!!! Desperate, as I need my PC URGENTLY. At the moment I am using my partners PC to try and solve the problem on my PC - but all the information I need is on my PC. not his.

Lesley

Now I have got into another screen - blue - I think I got into it by pressing F8 a couple of times and entering into an advanced options window and going into a controllers repair option. The blue screen states 'aA problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer' then DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
tECHNICAL INFO
*** stop: 0X00000001 (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000008, 0X00000000)

aNY IDEAS GIVEN THE WHOLE STORY AND SAGA SO FAR???

lESLEY

Sorry after STOP the first reference is 0x000000D1

Yes I did. I had to create the BartPE bootable XP disc on another PC. I then used it on my PC and followed the instructions on the site as I have posted. The BartPE tool also allowed me to access and SEE what is on the C: Drive, it allowed me to delete some rubbish from the C: Drive, it allowed me to open and run SpyBot, but would not allow me to run any other programs. It did not seem to achieve much at all - infact I think it may have caused additional problems .... really I am at a bit of a loss!!!!

Lesley

did it allow you to do check this setting .!!
==================
1. Insert the BartPE CD into the drive, and boot the system from the CD. Once the file loading phase is over, the Bart PE desktop will be visible, as shown in Figure 1.
2. Type Regedit.exe in the prompt, and press Enter. Select the HKEY_USERS hive
3. From the File menu, choose the Load Hive option. Browse to your Windows installation drive, for example the following location:

C:\Windows\System32\Config\

4. Select the file named SOFTWARE (the file without any extensions), and click Open
5. Type a name for the hive that you've loaded now. (Example: MyXPHive)
6. Now the SOFTWARE hive is loaded, and present under the HKEY_USERS base hive.
7. In order to fix the Userinit value in the loaded hive, navigate to the following location:

HKEY_USERS \ MyXPHive \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon

8. Double-click Userinit and set it's value correctly. Example: Set it's data as follows:

C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe,

(Include the trailing comma also. The above assumes that Windows is installed in C:\Windows, and Userinit.exe file is actually present in the System32 folder. You may want to verify that as well.)

9. After entering the correct data, you MUST unload the Hive. To do so, select MyXPHive branch, and then in the File menu, choose Unload Hive. It's important to note that you'll need to select the MyXPHive branch first, before unloading it.
10. Quit BartPE and restart Windows. See if you're able to logon to your profil

Thanks - I did do all that but it still did not work. However, I WILL give it another try in the morning and let you know of the outcome this second time. I REALLY appreciate your aassistance with this ... for me it is critical to repair the PC enough to get into Windows and I am sure from that point I will be able to fix the problems and eliminate them. You guys are just GREAT!!!!

Thankyou

Lesley

I spent 2 hour on the net live with a Microsoft Tech (on his day off) today, trying to fix this probelm without loosing any of the information on my HDD. It left him baffled..........he was able to access the Microsoft data base and said he could not find a similar or exact ptoblem and this all seemed new to Microsft, so unless they know about it - the cause - then they cannot offer a fix it.

I have now given my PC to my Brother in Law to have a look at and fix - he is very tech savvy - so I am waiting to see what he comes up with!!

If anything changes or we find a solution, I will post it here for microsoft and all else to see and use.

Lesley

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.