I just ordered a Toshiba Tecra M4 conertible tablet PC and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the model? Or even Toshiba in general?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I just ordered a Toshiba Tecra M4 conertible tablet PC and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the model? Or even Toshiba in general?

My company has used older toshiba laptops about 4 years old now and their hard drives die often and same with many other parts. However they are a bit older now. Although i dont own one personally, i think the company is getting better but their computers tend to get hot. I played around with your computer before once and i liked it. Its not as small as the hp model but it is very nice. i hope it works out good for you :)

Thanks for your feedback. I was a bit hesitant to buy a Toshiba but it's the only Tablet that has the specs I really want. I'm looking more for a desktop replacement that I can bring on the road if need be instead of an ultra portable machine so size isn't a big factor.

I don't mind Toshiba. My friend has one and the only problem he has ever had with it was an overheating issue which toshiba was more then happy to fix. I don't know if I would suggest using a laptop or tablet pc as a desktop replacement. This would put a lot of wear on the laptop or tablet pc. But any way, good luck with the new toshiba.

I have a very old Toshiba Satellite 4025CDT. Being that old, this doesn't surprise me, but it has quite a few keyboard keys that don't work and only one PS/2 port, meaning that I have to choose between a keyboard and a mouse...

I have a very old Toshiba Satellite 4025CDT. Being that old, this doesn't surprise me, but it has quite a few keyboard keys that don't work and only one PS/2 port, meaning that I have to choose between a keyboard and a mouse...

toshiba has been improving over the years. i have had expirence mainly with 3000's (older than yours) and several 4000 models. having about 500 toshiba 3000's for 4 years only a handfull still are in working order. Granted they were in a school district of middleschoolers who arent the easiest upon them, id have to say their durribality is much less than the dells D series we have been getting for the last several years. I am sure that the duribility of the newer ones is greater but i just thought i would add this in.

I've a similar experience with a 4000 series Satellite. After about a year the motherboard died (which was replaced under warranty), a year later the battery started to go (I ditched it eventually as I rarely used the machine on battery anyway).
The latch for the lock broke off at about the same time, or rather it failed for no apparent reason.

Current models do look more sturdy, but I'd stay away from their lower priced offerings still.

you have to agree that toshiba has improved a lot troughout the years. but what i dont get is that my dad has this toshiba portoge 3110 ct, and it has lasted for ever still works fine too.

Portege was their highend line. I guess they made those good with the money they saved on the shoddy parts that went into the Sattelites.

thats hard to say because my freind has his satellite, and its been around for 3 years atkeast. his battery isnt as good but the rest is fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.