It happens to everyone. There computer breaks down with all there music on it!!! :eek: Well i thought I would send out this tutorial to explain to people on how to get there music off there iPod back into there computer.

1. Once your computer is up and running DO NOT put iTunes back on yet. You will eventually but it will erase your iPod.

2. Go into My Documents > My Music and make a folder ( call it whatever you want) this will hold your music.

3. While your in this folder click on Tools > Folder Options > View Tab > and under Hidden Files and Folders click on Show hidden files and folders.

4. Now connect your iPod your computer.

5. When it connects go into your iPod through My Computer and double click on iPod_Control

6. In this folder there is a Music folder. Right click and copy this folder to your new folder you created in My Music.

7. Lastly unplug your iPod, install itunes and go file, add folder to library. (when you add the folder, make sure it is the first folder you created not the music folder. If you don't it will not work

I hope this helps those ipod people that hate losing their music.

Any questions, just give me a shout

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

Very good Tutorial!!!!

I take it this happend to you and you restored things :)

God bless

Yes i did...after a long time of hard thinking LOL

I agree, this is a really good tutorial. I'll remember to come here if that happens to me. :) Good job.

gr8 job buddy

Nice tuitorial indeed........ n i tried it out it does really work.

But I messed up some other data in my computer. Not your fault , jus my innovative nature.
Ne ways buddy keep posting such stuff.

Cheers

If you're on a Mac, look for an app named Senuti, this works well, and automatically copies your music across for you.

Nice one matey, will this work for purchased media on there as well do you know?

Dazza :cool:

Yes it will, but make sure that your account is authorized before you put the music back on...otherwise it will say that this music does not belong to you

Lost all my iTunes music but still on my iPod, so uninstalled iTunes (hoping to follow your guide above) my iPod touch is in device manager and says it's charging - but not in 'My Computer' for some reason?

You must do the "Show hidden files and folders" step are you sure you did not miss it. I backed up my iTunes and tried this. It worked B E A UTIFUL.

Thanks a lot for sharing

i had this horrible problem when i faced the data lost in my ipod just because of the option set was automatically configure my songs so always set it to manual option then you will not loose your data
it will be present in itunes as well as in ipod

Looks like the file system differs slightly with the different variants of iPod, the above didn't work at all on my touch but fine on a friend's nano.

Should you have the same issue there's free software available on t'internet that should allow you to back-up all the music on your ipod then transfer it to iTunes.

One issue I've found with doing this is that most of them will only copy music not the video etc.

Hope this helps,

It's a good thing to have backups for all your devices.
Your devices are very essential and you need to be very caareful about them.

<snip>

Hi members ....................................................................................................
iPod is a brand of portable media players designed and marketed by Apple and launched on October 23, 2001. The product line-up includes the hard drive-based iPod Classic, the touchscreen iPod Touch, the video-capable iPod Nano, and the compact iPod Shuffle. The iPhone can function as an iPod but is generally treated as a separate product. Former iPod models include the iPod Mini and the spin-off iPod Photo (since reintegrated into the main iPod Classic line). iPod Classic models store media on an internal hard drive, while all other models use flash memory to enable their smaller size (the discontinued Mini used a Microdrive miniature hard drive). As with many other digital music players, iPods can also serve as external data storage devices. Storage capacity varies by model.
SNIP

hi,members...................................
use my laptop to go on xbox live with my xbox through ethernet, it was working well until one time i took off the ethernet cable and put it back in a while later. Since then, whenever i try connecting my laptop to my xbox it just wouldnt show that its connected (a network cable is unplugged). im not sure but ive heard elsewhere that it has something to do with ports, but im still uunsure whjat to do. I appreciate any help provided.
SNIP

:)

Winiwa09

hi, friends ...........................
Internet marketing, also referred to as i-marketing, web-marketing, online-marketing, or e-Marketing, is the marketing of products or services over the Internet.

The Internet has brought media to a global audience. The interactive nature of Internet marketing in terms of providing instant response and eliciting responses, is a unique quality of the medium. Internet marketing is sometimes considered to have a broader scope because it not only refers to the Internet, e-mail, and wireless media, but it includes management of digital customer data and electronic customer relationship management (ECRM) systems.

Internet marketing ties together creative and technical aspects of the Internet, including: design, development, advertising, and sales.

Internet marketing also refers to the placement of media along different stages of the customer engagement cycle through search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), banner ads on specific websites, e-mail marketing, and Web 2.0 strategies. In 2008 The New York Times, working with comScore, published an initial estimate to quantify the user data collected by large Internet-based companies. Counting four types of interactions with company websites in addition to the hits from advertisements served from advertising networks, the authors found the potential for collecting data upward of 2,500 times on average per user per month.[1]

---------------------------
By regards
winiwa09
more infirmation for internet here :D:(:)

very nice tutorial, i am really having hard time to figure out how to put back my songs in the ipod,. now i know,i will be able to do that later..thanks a lot.

Great tutorial! I'll have to go with this method the next time I need my music from my iPod onto my Windows desktop. I've been doing it the long way. I would put in a Puppy Linux LiveCD, download Gtkpod, mount the hard drive, then copy the music from the iPod, through Gtkpod, into the My Music folder.

Very good Tutorial!!!!

I recently replaced my touch for a new 32Gb version, however over the years my old touch had a lot of content that wasn't in iTunes and wouldn't sync to iTunes.
I used DiscAid to transfer all the old content to my laptop, then into iTunes and onto my new touch.

So I've now been able to sync my old content with my new touch and my BlackBerry with iTunes.

Dazza
:cool:

I am really glad to visit here and I learn so much about new gadgets, I mostly use to search new gadgets & I found best buy electronics online during search.

I had this terrible problem when I faced the loss of data on my iPod just because the option is set to automatically configure my songs always put the manual option, you will not lose your data that is present in iTunes and iPod

great tutorial, this should have a sticky thing ..i have an ipod full of music...hope not to be forced to follow this

nice tutorial thanks to share

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.