ok here's the scoop i reformated and installed windows Me. then i found out i didn't have sound. i know that the speakers work and I know I have a sound card. it is a analog devices 1816 codec (WDM) I looked under device manager and saw these drivers in the "driver file details". and it has:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\15_16wdm.sys

povider: microsoft
file version 4.90.2489.1

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD (ntkern.vxd)
provider: unknown
file version: unknown

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MMDEVLDR.VXD
povider: microsoft
file version: 4.90.3000

the second driver i think is the problem but i don't know how to fix it. I looked in the "system information" thing and under components\problem devices is had the device "Anolog Devices 1816 codec (WDM)" then the PNP Device ID"ROOT\MEDIA0000" Then under error code it said "10". i dont know what error code 10 is so maybe someone else will know

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

For starters, go here:

http://supporten.terratec.net/

Look for the Search box, type 1816 in there, and hit enter. You'll find the latest (and last) drivers written for your card. (It is now unsupported, so...). Download them, and install. I hope that fixes you up, best of luck to you!

i need help with the installing part, i've tried from device manager but it doesn't work. please help?

I answered this for you in a reply to the private message you sent me. Good luck.

Who makes your sound card. and have you tried installing the drivers off the resource cd that usually comes with your computer and contains all drivers for any device that is prebuilt into your system.

analog devices, and i do not know where it is. i dont think i have it

If you haven't done so already, install the motherboard drivers or use the restore CD, whichever came with your computer. After that, you should see if there are updated drivers available (try Windows Update as well).

and have you tried installing the drivers off the resource cd that usually comes with your computer and contains all drivers for any device that is prebuilt into your system.

already asked

ok here's the problem. i have reformated my computer and after installing windows Me, which i used befor, i found that my sound wasn't working. i looked under device manager and i found i didn't have the following

PCI Comunication Device

PCI Input Controller

PCI Multimedia Audio device

i think i need a driver. the problem is i don't know how to do all that finding and downloading. i do know that the manufacter is "Rockwell (Conexant) semiconductor systems", and the device name is "Riptide PCI Audio Controller".
and i don't have a disk with all the drivers on it. please help

i dont have the cd. but found out more about the situation. look on other tread with same name

look on other thread with same name

No need to. I merged the two together. In the future, if you're still working on one issue, keep the same thread going that you've been working in. It makes things easier to follow, and it will give future searchers something to follow in case they ever have the same problem.

No need to. I merged the two together. In the future, if you're still working on one issue, keep the same thread going that you've been working in. It makes things easier to follow, and it will give future searchers something to follow in case they ever have the same problem.

well you can look on the other thread with the info on it because i dont want to write it again

well you can look on the other thread with the info on it because i dont want to write it again

Um... no you don't.

That's what I was getting at-- I merged the two threads together. Now the content of both threads are in this post. Besides, how hard is it to copy and paste, anyways?

If you know the card is called a Riptide, have you just tried doing a Google search using the terms "Riptide" and "sound driver" , or "audio driver", or "sound card driver"? Those cards are actually combo jobs-- sound cards and modems, so even searching for "Riptide"+"modem driver" will assuredly yield something. I've installed drivers for these on HP machines-- there are drivers out there.

Um... no you don't.

That's what I was getting at-- I merged the two threads together. Now the content of both threads are in this post. Besides, how hard is it to copy and paste, anyways?

If you know the card is called a Riptide, have you just tried doing a Google search using the terms "Riptide" and "sound driver" , or "audio driver", or "sound card driver"? Those cards are actually combo jobs-- sound cards and modems, so even searching for "Riptide"+"modem driver" will assuredly yield something. I've installed drivers for these on HP machines-- there are drivers out there.

do you know how to use "FreshDiagnose" this is a program that scans your computer kinda. that is how i found out about the information but i don't know how to use it

do you know how to use "FreshDiagnose" this is a program that scans your computer kinda. that is how i found out about the information but i don't know how to use it

Don't worry about that program-- you don't need it. Just focus on using the information you already have about your sound card, and try to locate drivers with that information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.