Hi, I build high end video editing capture systems. I have come across a problem that I just can't wrap my mind around. All the symptoms said it was the power supply. I changed the Antec out and put a Kingwin in. Hooked up everything, PCI-X theh hole 9 yards. Still dead. Started trouble shooting each device. Even with just the new power supply hooked` up to the board, I still get no power? Besides`the CPU any thoughts?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

a) is the psu on
b) is the fuse in the psu cable (if it has one) blown?
c) does the green light on the motherboard come on?
d) try manually starting it (short the pins with a insulated screwdriver) in case the power button is broken
e) is the motherboard bad?

a) is the psu on
b) is the fuse in the psu cable (if it has one) blown?
c) does the green light on the motherboard come on?
d) try manually starting it (short the pins with a insulated screwdriver) in case the power button is broken
e) is the motherboard bad?

Ok, I had a very stressful day yesterday. Will not even begin to explain. This should have been a cakewalk for me. Yes the light is on the MOBO. I trouble shooted every device etc. I deserive a smack for this one. I forgot a very important step. After having a fresh mind this morning and reviewing everything and this is a system I built, I realized I NEVER TURNED ON THE POWER FROM THE POWERBUTTON!!!!!!! This is why I should be smacked for this. Thanks for your help. Diane

;) thats why i made it point a) - you would be surprised how many people have it off either on the psu or at the wall

is this the same post as the "let me Re-Phrase"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.