dmillwest 0 Newbie Poster

Hi. I have an A-31 thinkpad. I have had a problem with a garbled display screen for several months now. I have a full screen of garble upon power up. It is a screen of sometimes different background colors with patterns of garble running vertically or sometimes even a black screen with blocks or other shapes that appear to flash or move around the screen.

I have tried powering down and restarting, as well as pushing different keys on the keyboard to get it to do something different. This sometimes nets me the result of getting my login display to appear. I have found that, once I get my normal display to come back that if I don't power the thing down or lose my entire battery charge, that the display will not have this problem. If I power the unit down or lose my battery then I am back to square one.

Just recently, my battery has lost its entire charge and I can't get the display back through any of the means that I had previously tried.

I have had some battery issues in the past and they are irregular as well. Sometimes I can lose my battery power to 30% from a full charge in fiteen minutes or so. Sometimes it will last 45 minutes or longer to a full discharge (or shut-off as power configuration is set at 6%).

Do any of you have any ideas of what the heck I can do with this? I am feeling that this is more than just a battery issue as I have tried this with a full battery charge and the charger plugged in and still have the same result.

I need to resolve this and get it fixed as this is my computer for business and can't afford to be without it.

Please help!