My Satellite m45 s 269 turns on for about five seconds then shuts right off. At times I press the start button and maybe 5 seconds after I press it, it will turn on for only about 5 seconds and shut right off. My father inlaw seems to think I need a new internal power supply. My first indication something was wrong was when it started freezing up on me in the middle of anything i was doing. This started happening at random times. Please help. Thanks in advance.

if the power is ok then its inside the machine so is your external power supply ok? by internal meaning battery right? well if your on low battery then it will turn off

Michael15 - I LOVE YOU!
Exactly the same thing as happened to the guy with the Toshiba has just happened to me with my Acer 5634 laptop [my pride and joy!]. I was so upset!
I used my Asus eee to get on the web - straight away - found this website - read your post - and.....
GUESS WHAT!
My laptop is plugged in.... BUT... the switch at the socket wasn't on.
So I switched it on, and switched my Acer back on... and IT WORKS!
Michael15 - you deserve FIVE STARS IN MY BOOK!
Signed... one happy [but very stupid] bunny...

Actually I have two different power supplys for this laptop and i get the same results with both. Again once I press the power button there is about a 5 sec delay before the machine starts and then it shuts down after about 5 secs.

if the power is ok then its inside the machine so is your external power supply ok? by internal meaning battery right? well if your on low battery then it will turn off

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.