hey guys! Im plannin on buying a radeon 9800 pro 128mb 256bit interface. WEll first of all. Is this a good card that will last long? How long will this card last me for all the newst games? Im not a doom 3 guy though so keep that in mind. Anyways, i heard that you need a certain Power supply to run the 9800. Is this true? Also i have no idea what mine is. All i can tell you is my Comp model is hp 753n . How do i find out what my PS is? Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Its going to be one of the last generations of AGP cards as PCI Express takes over... it is a good card none the less :)

how long will it last me?

Yeah but why is it you can not find AMD 64 mobos with PCIe, I think if your buying within the next 2 months you can still go with AGp.

This card will struggle with new generation games such as HL2 and most of the newer games coming out later on this fall and throughout next year, I would say probably 6 months, I have one and it will run doom3 good, but If you dont care about the way games look quality wise then its ok.

How would it struggle, ATI recomended the 9600Xt and 9800XT for HL2 back in febuary when the cards were brand new, and when HL2 was suposed to come out. The 9800pro should outperform the 9600XT

This card will struggle with new generation games such as HL2 and most of the newer games coming out later on this fall and throughout next year, I would say probably 6 months, I have one and it will run doom3 good, but If you dont care about the way games look quality wise then its ok.

No it won't. It will struggle to play the most recent and upcoming games at the highest screen resolutions and image quality settings, for sure, but it'll be quite a while yet before games won't actually run on it!

i dont play half life 2 or doom3. The games i play are CNC Zero HOur , Rome Total war, battlefield vietnam.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.