STibbs 0 Newbie Poster

Have a Richo Aficio CL4000DN printer hook up to my HP procurve switch which does the DHCP for my network. Set the printer up with an IP, Gateway, and Subnet address to reflect my current system. Connected to the network and it work okay. I ping it and things are fine. So I install the lastest software for the printer and print test page. No page. So I ping the printer. Request timed out. I turn off the printer and then back on and ping again. Get a response. Great! Print test page. That is good. Leave it for a few minute can't print again. Ping times out. I turn off the printer back on. It works again for a few minutes then again it quits. This time I turn off the printer and back on again but it will not respond to my pings. I watch the ping in a continue loop and the ping does successed after 50 or so time but only once then back to time out.

Can any one help me?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.