hi,, just today i cleaned my CPU fan and cleaned HotSink.. and after that my pc wont start.. fans run in normal speed.. but not high speed (generally in startup for first 2 sec it run slow speed.. than run on high speed) and even my screen is not getting any ... like not attachend with my pc..
something wrong i did during cleanup..????????i cheaked all connection it good.. and as it is like before..

pls help with this.... my emil is <snip>

thanks for your helps

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If this were me I'd take off and reseat all connections on motherboard and the memory. It is likely something small like that, if you want to be systematic about it, remove everyting from board and restart listening for bad memory tones, then install video card, then memory one stick at a time, hard drives ect..

If any one part gave out you should be able to identify it this was, if it doesn't post at a bare board at the begining take out CMOS battery remove all power for a minute and then reinstall battery and restart.

I hope when you opened it up you made sure you were wearing a static band cos it could be that the static might have played its part. Just speculating though, not implying anything here.

Other than that i think you should be able to get somewhere if you do what EMC said.

Raj

I hope when you opened it up you made sure you were wearing a static band cos it could be that the static might have played its part. Just speculating though, not implying anything here.
Raj

Great minds think alike.I was immediately thinking the same thing when reading the post. If it is static you than EMC's post will help you determine witch part is busted[for real busted]. check the simple things first video plugs firmly in including cables[from monitor to tower]. cards, RAM etc.It might be very easy to fix or a worst case.
Hope its as easy as 123

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.