When starting my PC, NO SIGNAL is displayed on the monitor though fan and processor are running.
May you solve this problem for me because I need to know what to do as I have unpluged all cables and pluged them again but still experiencing the same problem.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Jeremiahm. This problem......can have multiple causes. Open the PC and try to reseat the videocard and the memory modules. Do you hear beeps during startup? If so, tell us what you hear (short/long beeps and how many).

Hi Jeremiah. I am having the same exact issue with my emachine tower and moniter. I feel for u it's sooooo frustrating! All of a sudden. I power it up, hear a short beep then a long beep at which time the fans slow up almost to a hault.Then the pc just runs but won't boot up windows or bios. the monitor displays no signal. Can someone please help us!!!

It could be one of a few things all of which can be checked. It could be the monitor cable being faulty - this would be my first check.
Secondly i would check the graphics adaptor card by swapping it out for another one.
Thirdly I would check the RAM

If all of these things still show the same results then i would place it down to the motherboard/chipset fault.

however if after changing any one of the three things as listed above works then the fault lies with that particular (original) item and not the motherboard.

let us know what happens

I have faced this problem could be that one of the pins of the monitor cable being bent or worse even broken check if the cable is firmly fixed to the monitor.

Secondly check if the display card works by swapping it out for another one which is working on some other comp.

however if after checking any one of the three things as listed above works then the
fault could lie with that the CRT itself perhaps burnt due to some power outage.

let us know what happens.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I think we lost him

When somebody posts a reply to this forum,it is expected that we get a feedback to ascertain whether our solution or advise has worked or not.

Yip thats the initial setup of forums but then again these type of things happen all the time. maby we just into much of a hurry for a reply

Well, maybe next time we let him wait for a couple of weeks........................... :-)

And if it is solved with our bright insights, uhuhmm, it's also a small gesture to thank all those pros helping out the n00bs (no offence, it's our hobby). ;-)

When starting my PC, NO SIGNAL is displayed on the monitor though fan and processor are running.
May you solve this problem for me because I need to know what to do as I have unpluged all cables and pluged them again but still experiencing the same problem.

I think you have a graphics card problem. You should restart you AGP card and try again.

As Janine said....
This problem occurs when the RAM or the graphics or video card is not properly workin in their slots ....
I wud suggest to check the RAM .. if possible change the slot in which it is inserted and also look into the graphics card...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.