I have a Dell A940 printer. When I print something it only prints blank pages. Even when I print the test page -

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

does the ink cartridge move back and forth while it is feeding paper? is the cartridge full. if you open the printer does the cartridge move? my best suggestion is get a new printer. don't buy a dell. go get a cheap lexmark all in one from walmart and keep it till it runs out of ink then buy a new one. anymore it costs more to buy the cartridge than it does to replace the machine. don't believe me. i can get your exact printer on ebay for $65 and to replace both cartridges it costs $35 for color and $25 for black. so for $5 more you can get a new machine that comes with the ink. and if something is broken then no one works on ink jets anymore because most minimum shop charges are $50 + parts.

In my honest opinion, it sounds as though the printer nozzles and head are dried out, and perhaps there is dry ink clogging the print nozzle.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.