major_canadian 0 Newbie Poster

HI all, i have an acer insperation aspire 2.9 gig processor, heat sink fan missing a blade (lots of vibration), built before i first saw it, i was told it wouldn't start up, i tried the power and i got fan, and hard disk activity, but no post beep, it sent signal to the moniter, but nothing came on the screen, i shut the computer down, unplugged it, opened the tower, i noticed that he cpu fan was missing a blade, there was no light on for the mother board, i tested the power supply to find out that pin five wasn't active, i changed the power supply, i removed the fan, heatsink, and processor, cleaned the artic silver off, cleaned the heatsink, and replaced all, i omitted the artic silver cause i didn't have any, put everything together, started it up, and it tried to start windows, but froze, restarted, back to original issuse, turned off, left for a while, i got some kind of a post beep, and hit hangs on "verifying dmi data pool", i restart, and back to original issue.

things i'm considering:
1...processor needs the artic silver or it over heats
2... processor is fried due to overheating, and vibration
3... motherboad toast, cause there is no light on the motherboard with the 4 pin connector on it, and i can't get into the bios

anyone got any ideas?