Okay so I just picked up my laptop and discovered that next to the left hinge, on the back of the lid, there's a big crack!

What method would you recommend to patch this up?
A simple epoxy job?

I know this is an incredibly simple question but I wanted to make absolutely sure I'm not going to screw anything up xD

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Epoxy will work. You may wish to rough up the area that you are going to be applying it to with some sand paper so that you get a good bond.

Is there anything that really could be affected by this crack, honestly? I know if both hinges were cracked it'd be a different story but it's just the left side so I don't feel like it's super-imperative.

Then again this machine is a brute in itself and weighs a mad TON and a HALF so I'm sure with all the times it's been thrown around would have a lot to do with it, too xD

Is there anything that really could be affected by this crack, honestly? I know if both hinges were cracked it'd be a different story but it's just the left side so I don't feel like it's super-imperative.

Then again this machine is a brute in itself and weighs a mad TON and a HALF so I'm sure with all the times it's been thrown around would have a lot to do with it, too xD

if are only going to continue throwing it around ,no point in epoxying it, as it will not hold

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.