I own a Vaio FJ 270, which I purchased just over a year ago. This afternoon, I open the notebook and press the power button, only to find the machine mysteriously and totally dead. No lights, no fan, no indication whatsoever that the machine knew I had even pushed the power button. I tried booting a number of different ways (with battery, without, plugged in, unplugged) and was unable to figure out what was wrong.

So I took the battery out and left it unplugged for an hour or so, then added the battery and tried to start it up again, and it worked! Rather, the light turned on and the machine started to wake up...

...and then it caught on fire.

I saw through the right hinge (just milimeters away from where the ac adapter plugs into the computer an orange flare, and saw and smelled a little smoke. I'm not tech inclined, but I know that fire = bad, so I took the battery out and put the lapton on my desk. I'm typing this from a friend's computer right now. Is this a power regulation problem? What part needs to be replaced to solve this problem? Any ideas whatsoever would be a help.

Thanks!

Is this a power regulation problem? What part needs to be replaced to solve this problem? Any ideas whatsoever would be a help.

Thanks!

sorry for your troubles ,but you will need to have someone in the know have a look inside to tell you exactly what may or may not be fixable .all we would be able to do is guess,this or that ,,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.