Is there a place that i can buy a HP socket 370 motherboard, and if so where? I know HP's have proprietary motherboards so there is no point in trying to replace it with a different brand.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

ok, since nobody seems to know, is the only reason the hp mobo proprietary because it doesnt fit the case? Could i just buy a different brand mobo same socket and just kinda hang it out the case? it might be "ghetto" but its ok, i just need to know if a different brand mobo will work with all the HP components i.e. psu, ram, processor, pci cards etc.

ok, since nobody seems to know, is the only reason the hp mobo proprietary because it doesnt fit the case? Could i just buy a different brand mobo same socket and just kinda hang it out the case? it might be "ghetto" but its ok, i just need to know if a different brand mobo will work with all the HP components i.e. psu, ram, processor, pci cards etc.

If I were you, I'd just yank all of the usable parts out of the HP, buy a new case and mobo, and install it all in the new case. Cases are cheap, (you can get one for $30 with PSU if you're not choosy) and all of your old HP parts (with the exception of the heatsink on the processor) should work on a new motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.