i belive that my computer is over heating but i do not know where its not the proccesor because i have a chipset watch that cam with my mb and i was wondering if anyone could help. when i look in my tower it smells like a old camp fire

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

(suggestion)It might just be burnning some dust clean it up with a whole can of AIR DUSTER.
Also go into your BIOS an look through it sometimes they have temperature readings in there.
I know this tool AIDA32 tells you alot about your comp maybe temp readings check it out.

AIDA32 is system information and benchmarking tool with full hardware & software information on 80 pages. It comes with a built-in hardware database and physical information for CPU, motherboard, hard disks, optical drives, chipset and much more. It can display the information on-screen, print it, or save it as a report in various formats including HTML, CSV and XML. The built in diagnostics module can help you find potential problems. AIDA32 offers support for ADO/ODBC database connections as well as TCP/IP remote access. Additional features include command-line switches, network audit and audit statistics and network management. An easy to use report wizard allows you to create detailed reports in the format of your choice or save the information to a database. The program is extremely well featured and very nicely done. On top of all, it does not require an install, but runs standalone from its own folder.
http://www.webattack.com/get/aida32.html

thanks you just reminded me that this fan i just put in came out of my old comp. and had dust all over it and i forgot to clean it. i hope thats what it is. im also going to check smart watch it came with the software to my motherboard nd records any overheating or errors.

Is that fan the same size as the old one?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.