Hi guys my laptop is a patriot and my daughter was looking at bebo on the web.She said she just switched off the laptop and did not switch it back on until last night and all that came up was a black screen I can hear it loading up also if I look at it closely windows is there and everything is ok I just cant see anything.I connected the laptop to another screen and it loads up but once it goes past the windows xp logon even the lcd screen turns black .I went into safe mode messed around with the display settings and somehow I now have no start menu now.I think I might have changed something when I went into see was there any conflicts.any help would be great thanks.........

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

(Violent spyware/viruses can also cause these symptoms when you're daughter watching bebo..)

flash your bios to the latest ver..and then in the power settings in BIOS and in XP, turn off power management.. see if it works

(Violent spyware/viruses can also cause these symptoms when you're daughter watching bebo..)

flash your bios to the latest ver..and then in the power settings in BIOS and in XP, turn off power management.. see if it works

thanks ahihihi I will let you know but (not sure how to flash bios)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.