Didn't know where to post this. Sorry. :O So if this needs to be moved please do so... anyway...

Ok so I don’t know what’s up with my speakers. I have Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card and 5.1 speakers. I’m on Vista. I have Vista compatible drivers. When I go to speaker setup in WMP and I click test all the speakers work. But when I’m playing a game or music or movie, all sounds just come from my front two speakers (like I’m in 2.1). Help!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you have to make sure the game sound itself can transmit in surround sound or digital. no because you have surround sound you are going to get all speakers working for every sound that comes out of your PC.

Yea but nothing gives me 5.1 besides the sound tests.. When I was on XP, WMP always had all the speakers working.

are u using windows media player to configure the sound. if so, use the software that comes with the card and check the properties of the card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.