I have an older ibm thinkpad......im having problem when starting the computer as the monitor seems to have a mind of its own and just illuminates when it wants to......it seems to come on very dim if at all and then will randomly pop on......just yesterday the monitor just flickered off by itself for the first time......is this a virus? is this the monitor?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I suspect it's a dying laptop! If you have to ask such a question, then perhaps you are too unsure to be fiddling with the thing yourself, and would be best advised to take it to a repair shop to be looked at. If you have any confidence in your ability to pull things apart and tinker with them, you might try looking at the cabling which connects the internals to the screen. It might be in bad repair.

I have an older ibm thinkpad......im having problem when starting the computer as the monitor seems to have a mind of its own and just illuminates when it wants to......it seems to come on very dim if at all and then will randomly pop on......just yesterday the monitor just flickered off by itself for the first time......is this a virus? is this the monitor?

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get this resolved?

Thanks,
TaZ

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.