Hi
My hp Pavilion dv4-1117nr laptop that I got 3 months ago (160gb 2 gb ram and 2.2 core2 duo processor) screen that is monitor has been off that is not dispalying anything but the sound continues and internet speed decreases and system gets hot while I watch movies. The first time it occurred, I wrapped a cooling pack in a paper towel, and put it underneath the laptop. However, when I tried watching a movie it still turned off. It seems as though I can watch 20-30mins until it will just shut itself down.
so please send the solution to this problem

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you need to change some of the power settings like sleep mode and such .right click on the desktop and go properties ,and in the screen saver setion you will see a power setting ,in there you can change settings

There should also be a setting where you can mark a program so it is allowed to bring the system out of sleep. most dvd players do this automatically.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.