I have recently upgraded to a flat panel monitor. Since the upgrade my monitor will go to a black screen every once so often if I am playing a dvd, reviewing photos/graphics, etc. I’m thinking that my “aging system cannot handle all of the video, audio, graphics, etc. It stays black for about 1-2 seconds and then goes back to where it was.

It appears that I cannot upgrade my video/graphic because it is on the actual motherboard. I do not have a lot of experience with upgrading or changing graphic cards or motherboards so I need your “expertise.

What would you suggest I do so that my computer can play a dvd or view an online photo album without having the monitor go black or continuously flash? Do I need a new motherboard, graphic card, both? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

HP Pavilion PC - Model XE748
XP Home Ed.
Intel (R) Celeron (TM) 700 MHz processor (socket 370)
Intel 810 Chipset
320 MB RAM
Western Design 80GB Hard Drive (I upgraded to this)
Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-812S (I upgraded to this)
Graphics down (on motherboard) integrated in Chipset. No AGP slot.
Video Graphics PCI Local Bus
Controller Intel 810
Video Memory 11 MB shared memory ; integrated graphics; not upgradable

We'll use your other thread for this problem. ;)

Please do not cross-post (posting the same thread in multiple forums) in future.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.