Is it possible to overclock a laptop MMC-2 processor?
If so, how would I go about it? I have a
Gateway 9300 and I find nothing in the CMOS setup that would allow me to do this.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

weird ... I've never heard of anything like that before. A piece of hardware which overclocks a processor?

Actually ... I'm almost positive it's CMOS Setup

It is not possible to overclock OEM compuers (computers from companies), most of the time. Gateway, along with other OEM's hide that stuff in the BIOS, so you can't screw the computer up and make them exchange it for a new one (other reasons too).

BTW, its the BIOS Setup, the CMOS holds the BIOS's data, it isn't an interface :-).

Thanks for the reply. It's kinda what I had figured as far as doing anything directly on the computer. I have heard of being able to change the speed of some processors by inserting it into external hardware that directly accesses the the internal settings. That's probably my only hope at this point.

when AMD mounted its processor on a slot type card we changed the resistor array to overclock so its not unheard of. do you have the schematis of the mmc-2 processor and the board layout drawings?

commented: Did you seriously dredge up an 8 year old post? +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.