I was wondering if anyone knew of a way of finding out what type of RAM you have on the computer? Finding out how much you have is everywhere but the type, I just can't seem to find it.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I think you can check that in your BIOS.

Oops. I forgot to mention I wanted to check without going in the BIOS or opening the computer case. Simply by checking in Windows.

Go to www.lavalys.com and download everest home edition. It will tell you everything you need to know and more!

thats a really sweet application!! i'll use it myself.

Thanks. This does look like a sweet application.
But I was kind of wondering if it was possible without anything (downlaod, BIOS ect.). As in, if you are on someone else's computer or you are on a computer with limited access (where you can't enter the BIOS or install appllication...)

Without third party apps (CPU-Z is small in size), an open case, an old receipt or a simple reboot, you can't tell what kind of RAM you have.

Well I guess that's why I couldn't find it ;)
Thanks for the help and thanks for these sweet applications. I'll have to try them later.

I've tested both applications and they work great.

CPU-Z is great because it's small and fast. You don't even need to install. All you have to do is run the exe.

the one on www.lavalys.com is great too. It's bigger and you need to install but it has a lot more features and information about your system.

Thanks a lot for the applications.

It's been discontinued! :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.