Hello, I'm having a problem with my 1GB USB flash drive. My PC will recognise the drive but when I try to access it I get "please insert a disk into drive G:". I've tried to format it but get the same message. It says 0 bytes are on the drive and the file system is :RAW. I tried several partition tools and none of them recognise the drive or wont let me do anything with it. I just bought the thing a week ago and I'm going nuts trying to figure this thing out. It was working the first time I used it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Anyone?????

Does it work on another PC?

No I've tried it on 3 other computers with the same result.

It happened twice to one of my friends. He called the company that makes the one he has and they told him to get an exchange.

yes, this stick was improperly formatted (it may be a fat system and you or someone had to have formatted it under fat32, or vice versa) Ive seen this happen a million and 2 times, send it back to the manu, and they'll replace it free of charge

yes, this stick was improperly formatted (it may be a fat system and you or someone had to have formatted it under fat32, or vice versa) Ive seen this happen a million and 2 times, send it back to the manu, and they'll replace it free of charge

LOL Thats kind of funny that you reapeat what others say. Second post on same subject today, different threads. Are you searching for threads you know the answer even if its probably already been resolved? And reviving old threads... ;)

LOL Thats kind of funny that you reapeat what others say. Second post on same subject today, different threads. Are you searching for threads you know the answer even if its probably already been resolved? And reviving old threads... ;)

What i think is even funnier is elitist turds like you beating around the bush instead of telling people WHY it happened and HOW to fix it.

And also, i just came across this forum, and forgive me for trying to help a couple of people with the same problem, gee, who knew the same problem would yield the same answer.... cosmic

"probably already been resolved" dosnt cut it, what if theres someone out there today, tommorrow or the day after that has the same problem, "i had a friend that once had that problem" is no type of answer. I work as a moderator on a couple of bittorrent forums, and answers like that are worthless, nonsensical and erased within the hour.

And what did i repeat? I at no point posted "It happened twice to one of my friends. He called the company that makes the one he has and they told him to get an exchange."........ is that an answer, or just a continuation of the question ?

How 'bout this, you actually post an answer, post what caused it, and keep the smug comments to your damn self. Just because im new to this forum and you have close to 1,000 posts and I have 2 or 3 does not make you god.....it just makes you alot more lonely...

On the other hand if you put up that post in jest (in which you & I both need to look up the definition of sarcasm together) thanks for busting my balls and hope to answer many more "old questions"

-Sackavelli

Whoa, mind the flamage chaps!

This thread ceased functionining a couple of months ago Sackavelli - chances are the original poster has moved on to bigger and better things, never to return. Please don't resurrect such old threads unless you have something new and geuinely important to contribute.

Thread closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.