Hi, Ive got a problem with my friends mobo. He requested me check it because the technician keeps on telling him to buy this things yet his pc still restarts once he returns the unit back home. By the way the mobo is Gigabyte GA-8I865GME-775 (http://www.gigabyte.ph/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2223). Also, the technician suggested that he should change his PSU to 500W... and so he did.

Last night I brought my Unit with thw Socket 775 then tested it there. I've already place his processor, Memory and HDD into my unit. So I can Format his HDD. After formatting his HDD already work. But after testing my HDD into his mobo and power supply it restarted. Also, after testing his processor, mem & HDD into my unit I've returned his parts into his unit. Still, his unit keeps on restarting.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hi ,try what is referred to a bench test ,remove his motherboard and all components from the computer case and set it up complete on the bench outside the box ,see if it will run,it may be shorting out[touching a high spot under it is usually what people find ] on the tower somewhere

oks. I'll try it later.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.