I have no idea what the problem is. I have a dimension 4700 with intel pentium 4. I run Windows Professional SP2.

Every time I start up the computer, it shuts back down and restarts after the Windows screen is finished loading. It won't let me boot into safe mode and I have a windows recovery thing.

The computer can boot from a different OS though. I installed a bootable linux in my flash drive and it works fine.

Any fixes?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hello,

If you have the installation CD you should be able to fix XP using the CD. Your other option is to reinstall XP. You maybe able to retrieve some files using linux incase you can't fix XP.

I have the installation disk but what am I supposed do with it?
Are there any codes for Recovery Console?

Boot from cd and choose the second repair option not the first (recovery console). It should repair windows. Rem to check for viruses once it is running.

I have no idea what the problem is. I have a dimension 4700 with intel pentium 4. I run Windows Professional SP2.

Every time I start up the computer, it shuts back down and restarts after the Windows screen is finished loading. It won't let me boot into safe mode and I have a windows recovery thing.

The computer can boot from a different OS though. I installed a bootable linux in my flash drive and it works fine.

Any fixes?

hmmm..
try to go''BIOS'' then change the IDE CONFIGURATION to ''COMPATIBLE MODE''...or try to type- win/D:M add the command prompt to start windows....

just try^_^

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.